• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need advice

Rosawrath

So I my dad gave me this tarantula because its previous owner neglected it I've had her for two weeks now I fed her the second day I had her 6 crickets took her a few days to eat them all check on her frequently I've had tarantulas in the past one Male one female but its been awhile since I've owned one so from the picture can anyone tell me if theres anything wrong with it? I would appreciate and advice you guys can give as well

Attachments

• 20190703_034954.jpg
    20190703_034954.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

T-Baby

3 Year Member
She looks as though she’s flicked some hairs but other then that, seems fine.
I personally wouldn’t feed 6 crickets at once as now she’ll be lethargic and won’t eat for a while (which means you could worry) just 1 Cricket every week is suffice, she has a nice big abdomen so she doesn’t need a lot of food.
But looks healthy, you’ve done well :)

I actually feed my adults every 2 weeks.

Rosawrath

She looks as though she’s flicked some hairs but other then that, seems fine.
I personally wouldn’t feed 6 crickets at once as now she’ll be lethargic and won’t eat for a while (which means you could worry) just 1 Cricket every week is suffice, she has a nice big abdomen so she doesn’t need a lot of food.
But looks healthy, you’ve done well :)

I actually feed my adults every 2 weeks.
Most of the bold spot on her was there when I got her I think it's a her but I did get a few hairs flicked at me because i did touch her leg...