• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Neat cage configuration

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This goes to show you that there's nothing wrong with putting a "cheap" spider into an expensive or complex enclosure.

It's interesting to notice he has a florescent bulb at what I'd consider a very unsafe distance. I never put any light source over 25 watts any closer then 8 inches away.

I suspect that florescent bulbs off that size are very low wattage and low heat. I almost wonder if some experimentation is in order to see how much heat they add with what surfaces at what distances because they're different then filament types of bulbs.

The integration of fans to remove humidity is very clever indeed and the whole thing is gorgeous. With live plants, obviously you need a light source to photosynthesis.

Marks tarantulas is one channel I think it's worth subscribing to.

Compared to that, all my enclosures are boring. What engineering I put into them is strictly utilitarian.

That's one reason I tend to zoom into the main attraction, the tarantula.

Latest posts