• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Name That G.

Phobik1

3 Year Member
Freshly molted female. She acts so nervous after a molt but looks so amazing. The male that came with her last year was the same size but is now much bigger.

20200913_000852.jpg

20200913_000801.jpg

20200913_000749.jpg

20200913_000645.jpg

20200913_000734.jpg

Phobik1

3 Year Member
Wow. You know you're stuff. I sure cant find much info on these online but they are typical of most G's. The female always fills the waterdish w water as soon as i put it in. They dont run or kick hairs when i open the lid. They always eat. I like giving these guys small meals twice a week. They never refuse.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow. You know you're stuff. I sure cant find much info on these online but they are typical of most G's. The female always fills the waterdish w water as soon as i put it in. They dont run or kick hairs when i open the lid. They always eat. I like giving these guys small meals twice a week. They never refuse.
I have one coming this week as well. BTW, if you are planning on breeding, get slowing that male down....ha ha

Phobik1

3 Year Member
I have one coming this week as well. BTW, if you are planning on breeding, get slowing that male down....ha ha
You know. I really have been wondering if i needed to do that? I have never done any breeding but definately want to when they are ready. The female is about 4in. How can you tell when she is ready?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You know. I really have been wondering if i needed to do that? I have never done any breeding but definately want to when they are ready. The female is about 4in. How can you tell when she is ready?
she needs to be at least 5.5 inches really. Power feed her and up her temps if you can, then keep the male cooler and feed less often (always make sure he has water though). If you are lucky she will not fast and will continue to grow and he will slow down.

Phobik1

3 Year Member
she needs to be at least 5.5 inches really. Power feed her and up her temps if you can, then keep the male cooler and feed less often (always make sure he has water though). If you are lucky she will not fast and will continue to grow and he will slow down.
Yea. I started doin that last week. She is a little shy but will eat if i give her time.
The male is a beast. Maybe by next summer they can be ready?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea. I started doin that last week. She is a little shy but will eat if i give her time.
The male is a beast. Maybe by next summer they can be ready?
maybe the summer after with Grammastola. they grow at their pace and are notorious for being very very slow.

Latest posts