• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Name help.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got a p. irimina ( Venezuelan Sun Tiger ) And I'm looking for help with a name....I like clever, and puns, I usually don't have any trouble but I just cant think of anything that strikes my own fancy....so turn to my fellow arachno-brothers and sisters...

I will be forever in your debt...

Love,
Entity!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I tend to use Wiki quite a lot when choosing names for my Ts or Google maps. Type in Venezuela, where they originate and you can find the ancient peoples of the area, towns, rivers, mountains etc.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the tip @Enn49! I know I'm looking for something to do with her being a tiger.....lol...like I said I don't know. I also have a pair of B.vagans that are more than likely sac-mates that I'm looking for names too...hell I don't know. lol I was thinking something like sideshow freak twins for them or something....I guess I am having to use my brain too much these days and I am overworking it. lmao

jackys

3 Year Member
Hmmm I don't have anything clever, all I can think of is famous cartoon tigers. Tigger, Rajah, Hobbes, Tony the Tiger, Nala, Scar (oh wait those last two are lions >_>)

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
from "Jungle Book" "Shere Khan"....My female P. irimia is "Leggs" cuz that's all i got to see of her 90% of the time. The spelling leggs is reference to womens nylon stockings brand form the seventies. ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
for a lot of names i use the German version, but that doesn't help here, since tiger in German is tiger :p TIgger would be my pick, just cause that's my dog's name and the #1 name that an online poll had readers respond with.

Why not Mohan? the first ever white tiger captured (in the world) from the wilds of India. Or Sita, thought to be the most photographed wild tiger in the world, or Machli, thought to be the most photographed tiger in the world in captivity.

Latest posts