• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. incei only webs one corner

Nunua

3 Year Member
So yeah, as some of you know I got my N. incei gold from a pet store in March.
She was living in a medium sized Critter Keeper and actually had a pretty nice web tunnel around a fake plant.
I first put her in a 20x20x20 cm exoterra with quite a nice amount of substrate to burrow in and a cork bark, but she created only one hidey hole for herself and stayed in... No new webbing anywhere else in the enclosure for a long time.

I started to wonder if the enclosure was too big to her, so I moved her back to the Critter Keeper - now with less substrate but more anchor points. She started webbing quite actively and I was happy. Then she found the small pile of moss in the corner and burrowed under that. She now has a nice corner of piled up moss and webbing, but again she had stopped expanding her web castle. Though, she has some webbing on a hanging fake plant next to her barricade.

I was thinking if she's just in premolt as she doesn't eat much either - Last time I gave her a meal worm she just let it to dig into her den and then out. Found the worm from an opposite corner next day. However, she has been eating in my care few times - mealworms and crickets.

I'm not too worried as I can see her sitting in the burrow, thanks to a small window she had created in the corner, but I'm just a tad confused about her behavior. Then again, Ts can be burrowed for long times and fasting with no particular reason, so I let her live how she wants :D She's supposed to be born in 2016 and looks like mature female what comes to the size. I don't know when she has molted, not in my care anyway.

Latest posts