• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. incei enclosure

Nunua

3 Year Member
Well... I may have rescued N. incei gold from a pet store :rolleyes: Now I need to confirm something from you, who have owned N. incei's for some time.. I'm too tired to guess the right answer from all those damn care sheets as some of them say "deep substrate for them to burrow" while the others go with "not too much of substrate, but anchor points and a hide"

I know they're opportunistic burrowers, so I guess they need to have the possibility... But then again, what's the optimal moisture for the substrate? For that, too, I have found way too many different advice.

Thank you for advance :D I will post photos tomorrow after rehousing her. Now all I can see is the beautiful golden butt.

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had a couple, sadly both males that have passed on now, and I kept mine on not too deep substrate, enough for them to burrow a bit but I found if it was too deep they disappeared, not so much and they would web a lot. As for moisture I just overflowed the water bowl occasionally.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Care sheets are terrible sources for care advice on tarantulas, damp, deep substrate with good ventilation. (I had to do my own research and this is what I found).

Nunua

3 Year Member
Thanks Ennie and Panzo :)
I'll go with some substrate to burrow in, and good anchor points to create web tunnels. I'll see how she does with a setting like that.

Must admit that she's adorable. Shy, but adorable.

Latest posts