• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopoeus irminia) AKA: Tigger

BossRoss

3 Year Member
The title says it all... :) Today is my second day with her and I saw her in a pet store, molt inside her enclosure. I went on holiday for two weeks and came back to the pet store to see if she was still there and she was...molt still in the enclosure and I am sure she had not been fed in those two weeks so.... I bought her... Moved her into a bigger enclosure-was tricky due to what I have read about their temperament and my little gal seems to be investigative and feisty. :D I lover her already :oops::p

Attachments

• DSC_0551.jpg
    DSC_0551.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0552.jpg
    DSC_0552.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81

BossRoss

3 Year Member
She really is a great T. Very interesting but as I thought very feisty... she has given me the aggressive pose a few times and once event wanted some of my finger! LOL! Too much love for this little one! :-D

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She really is a great T. Very interesting but as I thought very feisty... she has given me the aggressive pose a few times and once event wanted some of my finger! LOL! Too much love for this little one! :-D

Hello
Very nice and STUNNING T,sadly here in South Africa their prices are low due to availability. In my personal opinion,one of the most greatest looking T's for sure. They eat very good,get to grow to a nice size and have attitude. Someone I know had been bitten by one,a burning sensation and slight swelling but this can differ depending on if you are allergic or not. They are more related to old world than new in my opinion they do not rely on urticating hairs since they do not have these,they rely on their venom. They are still classified as new world,since they originate from South America. Their stripes on their toes look like Nikey stripes,and the black just makes it look so shocking.

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I just picked up one on Saturday. Its prob 1.5" to 1.75" id say. Its a plump lil t for sure. Ill see if I can get some pics to post

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I love my Tiger she is being nosie most likely trying to decide where to set up shop. Usually digs a tunnel in the dirt mine does it up against the glass which is cool i can see her in her hiding spot. they are insanely fast. and amazing coloring. Enjoy your tiger I do mine. I also like my Trinidad which is same family as the suntiger for same reasons.

BossRoss

3 Year Member
Some more pics.... Tigger got a little aggressive during a rehousing, hence the pose in the one photo. :D

Attachments

• DSC_0068.JPG
    DSC_0068.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0191.JPG
    DSC_0191.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0175.JPG
    DSC_0175.JPG