• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My tarantula webbed the entrance of her hide?

turgle

I have an AZ blonde that webbed up her hide a couple of days ago so I assumed I would be witnessing a moly which I’d never seen before. But she keeps waiting at her entrance like she wants to catch something and I’m getting confused and concerned. She webbed it up again today and pushed some substrate out in the front. What do I do? It doesn’t feel like she’s in premolt

Attachments

• CE567DDA-47A9-46DB-A4B9-F3C4B04629F7.jpeg
    CE567DDA-47A9-46DB-A4B9-F3C4B04629F7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 22
I have an AZ blonde that webbed up her hide a couple of days ago so I assumed I would be witnessing a moly which I’d never seen before. But she keeps waiting at her entrance like she wants to catch something and I’m getting confused and concerned. She webbed it up again today and pushed some substrate out in the front. What do I do? It doesn’t feel like she’s in premolt
If it's webbing up the entrance and pushing substrate in front, that's a sign it wants to not be disturbed. They almost always tear down the web and sit at the opening when possibly wanting to feed
It's nothing to worry about. I've got a chilobrachys fumosus that molted in Sept has ate one time when back in her hide and not came out since. Where her sister is out every morning.
After keeping a spider for a while,you'll be able to see the difference in the thickness of the webbing and have a better idea of it in pre molt or just closing the door for the day.

x_raphael_xx

I've got a cobolt blue that webbed up its cork tunnel very tightly...then decided it just wants to crouch and hide in the opposite corner of the enclosure out in the open.

They just do what they want to do :)

Latest posts