• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My tarantula has not eaten in weeks!

When will my tarantula eat?

• Soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When comfortable

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Caren Gibson

3 Year Member
I have left 2 woodies in the terrarium only to find that one had died and the other left in hiding. She has woven a web around the entrance of her den and it has been extremely rare to see her come out. If she does it's only leaving her legs out of the hole.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have left 2 woodies in the terrarium only to find that one had died and the other left in hiding. She has woven a web around the entrance of her den and it has been extremely rare to see her come out. If she does it's only leaving her legs out of the hole.
She's probably in pre molt, but they really don't need areas on to act weird or refuse food. It's nothing to worry about,she'll come out and eat when she's ready :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree. They can go a looong time without food. but to add, do not leave the prey in there for more than a day or so. if the spider does start to molt, they could do harm.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well crap that's no fair... but wait, are those adult, juvies, or slings? mine is only 1/4" so that should count for something right? ;)

swimbait

3 Year Member
well crap that's no fair... but wait, are those adult, juvies, or slings? mine is only 1/4" so that should count for something right? ;)

Yes actually, for a sling that is a decent amount of time. I haven't seen my G.pulchra in over 2 months it's 2", hasn't eaten in that time either.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My rosea's abdomen is black almost, so i'm sure she's in premolt. 5 weeks is a bit long though. My son took her hide out as she just ignored it, maybe i'll add that back and see if she uses it to molt now.

rénee

3 Year Member
Well when I got her I had to rehouse her, and I changed a few different things, different times so I possibly caused her a bit of stress, plus she was in a new environment and had to settle. Then she went into pre-molt for awhile, and then she just molted on Jan 2, so I have been waiting for her exoskeleton skeleton to form, so I'll probably try this weekend. She is now about 6"

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
e
My rosea's abdomen is black almost, so i'm sure she's in premolt. 5 weeks is a bit long though. My son took her hide out as she just ignored it, maybe i'll add that back and see if she uses it to molt now.
It's a rosea, you know shes going to ignore it if she thinks you want her to use it :p

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
e

It's a rosea, you know shes going to ignore it if she thinks you want her to use it :p
yep she's a typical woman ;) or so we're calling her anyway. I made a smaller hide and she was using it last night. So hopefully maybe that's all she needed. Probably not though, that woman thing again.... ;)