• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Tarantula ate 3 crickets at the same time! Is this okay?

Haileeamethyst

I put 3 crickets into my tarantulas enclosure and then went to feed my jumping spider. When I went back to Lalaith the Tarantula, she had somehow managed to round up all 3 crickets that were in different areas of the cage and had all 3 of them in her mouth. It looked like a lot to handle to say the least. Could she choke by doing this??? She ended up putting most of the cricket pile down and the started circling over them and feeling them with her spinerettes before turning back around and putting them in her mouth again. She is now taking very long to chew/ eat them. Is she good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85

timc

3 Year Member
No big deal. They’re opportunistic eaters so if there’s three crickets in there and they’re hungry, they’re going to eat three crickets. I’ve had Big Ts take two worms at the same time, probably just about the amount of food as three or so crickets. I might not make a habit of giving so much, especially if her abdomen is big, but after a molt, let them hunt! What species are we looking at?

Haileeamethyst

She ended up getting them all down, lol she’s a Curley haired tarantula. I just got her about a month and a half ago and she hasn’t molted yet, I’m not sure when she will, but I did notice that her abdomen has a little patch with no hairs or color. Do you know if this could be a sign of pre molt?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56

Latest posts