• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T has a lump on abdomen and has shrunken

Joe williams

3 Year Member
So my Psalmopoeus cambridgei molted not to long ago and it had a lump on its abdomen before it did and now after its molt it's still there but its abdomen is really shrunken and shes eaten and drank since then. I feel like shes In bad way anyone seen this before? Haven't noticed a fall or any leaking abdomen before hand

Attachments

• 20191101_201335.jpg
    20191101_201335.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 20191101_201318.jpg
    20191101_201318.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 134

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Could be a cyst.
Not a lot you can do about it, just keep corn flour in your cupboard in case it does burst and start leaking fluid.
Did she always have it or if not, when did you first notice it and was it smaller before?
I would probably try to increase feeding a bit, maybe with something nice and juicy like a superworm to build her back up, but not to the extent that her abdomen goes too swollen, as you don't want to increase pressure on that lump.

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Noticed it about 3 weeks ago, then I red that a few people have had this and they dont usually live past the next molt. So when she molted like a week or so ago and she still had it I was surprised. Shes had a Dubai roach today and another drink and now shes looking alot healthier but the lump is till there. Was holding that maybe after the molt it would go away but it's obvious internal.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I bet someone on here has had something similar with one of their T's and can advise further but I doubt there's anything that can be done. At least it's small and she moulted successfully.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had tarantulas in the past with lumps and bumps before. Tumor, ulcer, cysts, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Just care for your spider like you normally would. Sorry... :confused: