• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Sun Tiger and Red Knee

Adrock

Finally taking the time to share some pics! I've had my B Smithi for 6 months now and my P Irminia for about 6 weeks. LOVE THEM TO DEATH!

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 19

Adrock

Yeah the bigger one is a Smithi! about 18 months old. He is super fun and active! The sling is a Sun Tiger, only about 4 months old.

Adrock

Nice! Yeah watching peoples videos of their adult Sun Tigers is what made me want to get one! Its been fun to watch him make his web at night, carrying pieces of dirt to "seal" the web. He ate great the first couple weeks I had him, but he has since been very dormant, staying in the tunnel he built. I've put a cricket in 3-4 times over the last 2 weeks but he hasn't touched them after 6+ hours so I take them back out. I'm hoping he is molting soon.

Shaolin

Yeah the bigger one is a Smithi! about 18 months old. He is super fun and active! The sling is a Sun Tiger, only about 4 months old.

Looks quite different to mine.Yours has Longer thinner legs - less red/orange on the joints. Guess it could be because he’s male (not seen a molt from mine yet though). I thought the differences between the sexes with Smithies was less prominent than others.
c17e7dfe636a8c46d1cded18cb6c29e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrock

Slightly better pic here...after the molt. Definitely more brown and gray as they get closer to molting I guess? To see the blacks/reds and oranges after the molt was awesome

Attachments

• 9B9AA3AB-A3FA-4880-B09A-74DDEECA155E.png
    9B9AA3AB-A3FA-4880-B09A-74DDEECA155E.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • A2DCB5BF-F702-4E45-B42C-3BDCE0C8B87E.png
    A2DCB5BF-F702-4E45-B42C-3BDCE0C8B87E.png
    2 MB · Views: 14

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I love my Sun Tiger. One of my favorites in the whole collection. I love watching him hunt. He runs down his prey and snatches them up so quickly. I used to have smithii. They kicked one too many hairs at me so I gave them away. Pretty spiders though. Good eaters too.

Latest posts