1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Sun Tiger and Red Knee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Adrock, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Adrock

Adrock New Member

Finally taking the time to share some pics! I've had my B Smithi for 6 months now and my P Irminia for about 6 weeks. LOVE THEM TO DEATH!

Attached Files:

Dk4c, Metalman2004 and Enn49 like this.
  2. Shaolin

Shaolin New Member

Is that a Smithi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Adrock

Adrock New Member

Yeah the bigger one is a Smithi! about 18 months old. He is super fun and active! The sling is a Sun Tiger, only about 4 months old.
  4. Dk4c

Dk4c New Member

i have 2 sun tigers, both from slings, love them when they are that small, but even more when bigger
  5. Adrock

Adrock New Member

Nice! Yeah watching peoples videos of their adult Sun Tigers is what made me want to get one! Its been fun to watch him make his web at night, carrying pieces of dirt to "seal" the web. He ate great the first couple weeks I had him, but he has since been very dormant, staying in the tunnel he built. I've put a cricket in 3-4 times over the last 2 weeks but he hasn't touched them after 6+ hours so I take them back out. I'm hoping he is molting soon.
  6. Shaolin

Shaolin New Member

Looks quite different to mine.Yours has Longer thinner legs - less red/orange on the joints. Guess it could be because he’s male (not seen a molt from mine yet though). I thought the differences between the sexes with Smithies was less prominent than others.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Adrock

Adrock New Member

Slightly better pic here...after the molt. Definitely more brown and gray as they get closer to molting I guess? To see the blacks/reds and oranges after the molt was awesome

Attached Files:

8. Tortoise Tom

Tortoise Tom Well-Known Member

I love my Sun Tiger. One of my favorites in the whole collection. I love watching him hunt. He runs down his prey and snatches them up so quickly. I used to have smithii. They kicked one too many hairs at me so I gave them away. Pretty spiders though. Good eaters too.
Draft saved Draft deleted