• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Salmon Pink (lasiodora parahybana) is going black!

Goshawk

Hello, I recently bought a sling salmon pink L.P and its abdomen is starting to turn black.
I noticed yesterday that there was a little black dot in its abdomen and since today it has gotten bigger.
It may just be food as I recently fed it but im just trying to see if it could be moulting.
(PS im pretty new to keeping slings so this may just be something normal that I dont know about yet)
Any help or suggestions on what it is, would be great.

Attachments

• 2019-03-21 16.48.29.jpg
    2019-03-21 16.48.29.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 71

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I have two LP's and when their skin is exposed from flicking hair its a pinkish white. They will turn to a shiny black when they are getting ready to molt.

Goshawk

It's preparing to molt, you will see the black gradually start to grow over the next few weeks.
Also, when it actually starts to molt it will flip on to its back so please don't think it is dead.
So im supposing I should feed it once more time this week and leave it to pre moult?
I know not to feed them 3-5 days before they moult and a few days after they have but im confused on what to do right now.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
So im supposing I should feed it once more time this week and leave it to pre moult?
I know not to feed them 3-5 days before they moult and a few days after they have but im confused on what to do right now.

They will normally stop eating on their own before a molt. After molting you should waite a week to feed so the skeleton has a chance to harden.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't like to feed them when I know that they are in premolt. It's very important to keep the waterdish full and maybe just a tiny bit more humidity as well.

After they molt and the fangs harden up and turn black, I like to give them something soft as their first post molt meal such as small hornworm

If the T is to small for that, a mealworm will be just fine.