• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Rosie just scared the life out of me!

Is Vaseline the answer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
She thinks she is arboreal...I look over, and shes hanging from the top mesh of her tank by 2 legs right with her abdomen over a clay pot. I saved her by scooting something under her and lowering her down....but how can I keep this from happening again? I'm having a mini heart attack...I heard to put vaseline up at the top....is that the best thing to do? I'm still shaking. Oh and she was soooo thankless, lol. Me saving her ticked her off. lol. Any suggestions???

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Try raising the level of substrate. If the floor is closer to the ceiling you can't fall far.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
she has a perfect habitat. trust. its not a high tank. its standard. i just don't want her getting on the mesh. I appreciate the responses, but I did hear to use vaseline, so I'm going to look more into that. Thank you though.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do not use Vaseline! All it does is cause a T to lose its grip and very possibly fall.
Raise your sub up so that there's only 4-5" between the screen and the sub. that way only damage she can do would be purely cosmetic. Otherwise your other option is an enclosure that doesn't require a screen.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
1111111111111111111111.jpg
something like this one. Low. But they have smaller ones with no lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.