• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My replacements have arrived!

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Last month I had my first ever dead on arrival. It was from Jamie's, I've ordered from there dozens of times and never had a issue. Not sure what went wrong, packing was good and temperatures weren't a issue but some how the little C.hoggi I ordered was gone when it arrived. It was bound to happen eventually with how many Ts I order online and I was happy with the service I received in getting my refund. Unfortunately they didn't have any more of that species but I was able to swap it out for a P.formosa and a Pamp sp machalla and they have arrived safe and sound today. Needless to say im happy with the out come.
_20180405_174907.JPG
P.formosa
_20180405_174239.JPG

Pamp sp machalla
_20180405_174304.JPG

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You'll love the P sp machala a lot. They are calm and eat very well. Mine has molted once and gained a lot of size.

Frankly, I don't see why they aren't recommended as beginners. I'm not a family about humidity but keep mine at about 50-65 percent...when I bother checking it.

Dubai roaches are most popular but mine has eaten everything including Earth worms, meal worms, & crickets.

P sp Machala Persephone 3-3-18 1.jpg

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
Last month I had my first ever dead on arrival. It was from Jamie's, I've ordered from there dozens of times and never had a issue. Not sure what went wrong, packing was good and temperatures weren't a issue but some how the little C.hoggi I ordered was gone when it arrived. It was bound to happen eventually with how many Ts I order online and I was happy with the service I received in getting my refund. Unfortunately they didn't have any more of that species but I was able to swap it out for a P.formosa and a Pamp sp machalla and they have arrived safe and sound today. Needless to say im happy with the out come.View attachment 29245 P.formosaView attachment 29246
Pamp sp machalla
View attachment 29247
Sorry to hear abut your DOA. My first DOA was covered by LAG but the guy decided he didnt want to replace either the T or my money (and he's still on here selling Ts) :(. Great choices to replace it though! Jamie is great! I have always enjoyed working with her. Enjoy your new additions!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You'll love the P sp machala a lot. They are calm and eat very well. Mine has molted once and gained a lot of size.

Frankly, I don't see why they aren't recommended as beginners. I'm not a family about humidity but keep mine at about 50-65 percent...when I bother checking it.

Dubai roaches are most popular but mine has eaten everything including Earth worms, meal worms, & crickets.

View attachment 29291
My Machala is a spaz... runs around like a crackhead. Most aggresive feeder I have next to my Stirmi's. I think you got a gem there Sir. :)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear abut your DOA. My first DOA was covered by LAG but the guy decided he didnt want to replace either the T or my money (and he's still on here selling Ts) :(. Great choices to replace it though! Jamie is great! I have always enjoyed working with her. Enjoy your new additions!

Hope you wrote a suitable review... that really sucks. I’ve only had one doa. They weren’t able to replace it with another B hamorii and thats how I got my first gbb. Now i have 8...

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My P sp machala is visible but runs for cover if I open the cover. She's a great T. I'm beginning to like her as much as my L klugi. Excellent feeder as well.