• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My other hobby

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For those who don't know, besides the tarantula hobby, I do a lot pertaining to the paranormal. I do everything from attending public events to hosting them. I mainly like to do investigations by myself, as I'm of the opinion that things are more likely to happen if there is only one person at the location, rather than a team of 4-12.

I'm posting this thread for anyone interested in the paranormal and those who would like to learn more, and if you all would like, I can post descriptions of the equipment used. If you have questions go ahead and ask.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
For those who don't know, besides the tarantula hobby, I do a lot pertaining to the paranormal. I do everything from attending public events to hosting them. I mainly like to do investigations by myself, as I'm of the opinion that things are more likely to happen if there is only one person at the location, rather than a team of 4-12.

I'm posting this thread for anyone interested in the paranormal and those who would like to learn more, and if you all would like, I can post descriptions of the equipment used. If you have questions go ahead and ask.

I'm interested, I've seen a ghost (plus a couple of really weird experiences) but I'm not sure if ghosts are hauntings by souls or something that physics will one day explain, such as an interference in time or dimensions.
Definitely interested in how you go about investigating and what you use. Notice how carefully I worded that?! I had originally typed 'definitely interested in your equipment' but....sounded wrong, very wrong! Lol

You've definitely got balls to do investigations by yourself though. I don't think I'd fancy that, I'd jump at every little noise! :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have been interested in the paranormal since I was a young teenager when I discovered a book about Borley Rectory by Harry Price in my school library.
My main interest in magic is mentalism. But I am not a disbeliever. I trained in a well known Cabbalistic Western Mystery School for several years & I was first invited to train within their ritual lodge, before realising my path laid within the inner (mystic,) lodge.
As a radio amateur the poor science behind the paranormal use of EMF meters drives me mad. There are numerous sources for elctro magnetic fields almost every where. An important part of amateur radio training relates to EMC (Electro Magnetic Comparability.) The same applies to EVP. I have numerous transmitters laying around that would allow me to apply a voice of sound to any radio on any broadcast band. & I could probably also easily overload most electronic equipment & apply a voice/noise to that too.
I trained & for a while worked as a hypnotist & things like regression & the magical art of pathworking fascinates me too.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm interested, I've seen a ghost (plus a couple of really weird experiences) but I'm not sure if ghosts are hauntings by souls or something that physics will one day explain, such as an interference in time or dimensions.
Definitely interested in how you go about investigating and what you use. Notice how carefully I worded that?! I had originally typed 'definitely interested in your equipment' but....sounded wrong, very wrong! Lol

You've definitely got balls to do investigations by yourself though. I don't think I'd fancy that, I'd jump at every little noise! :)
It's very interesting doing things solo, I feel things are more likely to happen when it's just 2-3 people. A few minutes ago, I just added a spirit communication app to my arsenal, which I will incorporate with two pieces of equipment I will be picking up (custom built).

If I go to the UK and investigate the galleries of justice, you and other hobbyists are invited.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
It's very interesting doing things solo, I feel things are more likely to happen when it's just 2-3 people. A few minutes ago, I just added a spirit communication app to my arsenal, which I will incorporate with two pieces of equipment I will be picking up (custom built).

If I go to the UK and investigate the galleries of justice, you and other hobbyists are invited.

Count me in!!

Soulman

Ok I don't believe in ghosts,because the high number of births and deaths,surely there would be more significant evidence.

Reason for my post is not to mock.One night went into my local park,it's open 24hrs.as I walked in ,one person to my left,two to my right.moving towards me.I'm still walking towards them.One vanish then the other two.now I'm still walking.
They where like characters from a child's book which she or he had scribbled over walking towards me.
But it made me think of a film I had scene years a go.it was as if my mind was the progecter and my eyes where the lens.But it looked so real.

Soulman

Ok I don't believe in ghosts,because the high number of births and deaths,surely there would be more significant evidence.

Reason for my post is not to mock.One night went into my local park,it's open 24hrs.as I walked in ,one person to my left,two to my right.moving towards me.I'm still walking towards them.One vanish then the other two.now I'm still walking.
They where like characters from a child's book which she or he had scribbled over walking towards me.
But it made me think of a film I had scene years a go.it was as if my mind was the progecter and my eyes where the lens.But it looked so real.
Is this paranormal?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is this paranormal?

I must admit I'm even scratching my head on that one. I'd be inclined to say yes, but is it possible for a description of aforementioned individuals?

Soulman

If you mean a aforementioned person you mean a person of subject,that has already been mentioned.home of a aforementioned poet,doorstep of the aforementioned hamlet.that's all from the collins.had to look it up.anyway was not really able to tell.