• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My next one....

Calico

3 Year Member
I'm going to pull the trigger and get another T. Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this o_O
My two choices are a GBB or G.Porteri. I really want the GBB but am so leery of all the webbing. I really am concerned about it sitting toward the top of the enclosure when I have to open to feed and water. Is this an issue for anyone? And I also want the G.Porteri because they are docile and just a pretty T too.
How did I go from terrified of spiders to this obsessed T person?? I can't say I wasn't warned.

Nunua

3 Year Member
I really am concerned about it sitting toward the top of the enclosure when I have to open to feed and water. Is this an issue for anyone?.

I have no GBB, but C. versicolor who keeps webbing the top of the enclosure like this
befe96f358.png

I am a bit twitchy what comes to sudden movements of my Ts, but so far Sreaky has given me zero problems! Usually it either goes to the web tunnel or just sits on the lid like this while I change the water :D On New Year's Eve it took a calm, lazy walk on my arm but even then there was no problems.
772567e720.png

If you're unsure about the T sitting on top of the web when you open the lid, a relatively good method is to have enough ventilation holes through which your can gently blow in the enclosure - Sudden airflow is usually enough to make the T retreat a bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts