• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My little B. albopilosum

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I'll start off by saying that I got this week tiny T from Petco. It's great that they want to offer tarantulas, but their care, or lack thereof, is horrid! This little guy or gal was the only survivor of their mistreatment of 6 that arrived, so I swept him up and took him home. Two molts later and it's doing great, it's a real trooper! As small as it is, it's difficult to get a good photo, but this is my little albo :)

A couple times a week I spritz half of the cup. He or she is nearly big enough for a bottle cap water dish. I may put a dish with pebbles in with the little guy so he can drink at his leisure.
316005f0e7f4a5c6360995aaeff992c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll start off by saying that I got this week tiny T from Petco. It's great that they want to offer tarantulas, but their care, or lack thereof, is horrid! This little guy or gal was the only survivor of their mistreatment of 6 that arrived, so I swept him up and took him home. Two molts later and it's doing great, it's a real trooper! As small as it is, it's difficult to get a good photo, but this is my little albo :)

A couple times a week I spritz half of the cup. He or she is nearly big enough for a bottle cap water dish. I may put a dish with pebbles in with the little guy so he can drink at his leisure.
316005f0e7f4a5c6360995aaeff992c5.jpg

No need for pebbles, spiders, even slings, don't drown.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks! I learn something new every day :) I'll get this little T hooked up with a bottle cap dish tonight!

i'd still use the pebbles, it will keep the feeders from drowning. Crickets are notorious for drowning in the water dishes.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I let the little dude scavenge feed since most crickets I get are bigger than pinheads. I've been giving him xs mealworms from my colony lately, so no drowning risk there.

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
I imagine breeding meal worms is one of the easiest or perhaps even the easiest feeder to breed? I say that due to the low cost and numbers they are sold by

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I imagine breeding meal worms is one of the easiest or perhaps even the easiest feeder to breed? I say that due to the low cost and numbers they are sold by
Oh my goodness, yes. They're ridiculously easy. I started breeding them for my geckos, but they come in handy for my hungry little tarantulas as well!

Latest posts