• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My juvenile G. pulchripes and molting

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
My G. pulchripes looked to be heavy into a pre-molt last week as it's abdomen was distended, black, and shiny. It closed itself off in it's burrow for a few days and has now reemerged but it looks to be the same size as it was previously. It looks as if it has not molted but it's abdomen is no longer dark. Could it have molted and not grown?

Thanks!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not a juvenile... only a adult will molt and not grow. I'm not sure but possibly the way it was positioned inside the old exoskeleton you could see the new exo and now you can't? I've thought before that my Ts have looked dark one day and not the next. Just a thought...

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
Not a juvenile... only a adult will molt and not grow. I'm not sure but possibly the way it was positioned inside the old exoskeleton you could see the new exo and now you can't? I've thought before that my Ts have looked dark one day and not the next. Just a thought...
This was him a few days ago. He has buried himself again so there is no after picture.

Attachments

• 20180424_210248.jpg
    20180424_210248.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43