• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My gbb won't come out of its burrow.

Brachypelma albopilosum

I have this gbb for about 3 months now, and it won't come out of that dumbass skull i bought her. She looks like in premolt and she doesn't eat anymore, but it's been 3 months now. Shouldn't she have molted already?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
They can stop eating for months like that. Winter time can slow them down too (winter torpor). The main thing is to make sure it has easy access to water. So full waterdish nearby and I'd even dribble a little on the webbing of the hide so there's half a teaspoon size puddle.

Mine usually molts quickly but the last time it went to 4 inches it took a lot longer, I bet it's fine tarantula knows best

Attachments

• 20200204_170845.jpg
    20200204_170845.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

Alumentum

Not sure if she's come out yet but, I'm laughing cuz I had the exact same situation going on. My female hid in her skull for 4 months and wouldn't eat XD. She was fasting and just taking her time to molt. She'll come out eventually and be stunning for sure ^.^

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My juvenile GBB has been hidden away in webbing for month. Sometimes you get a glimpse of them. But thats it, an occasional slight glimpse through the webbing. It eats, but only when no one is around to see it.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Our GBB went through a shy period too, hiding for months, but now it comes out regularly. It has build itself a blind of sorts, webbing from the floor up then kicked substrate all over the webbing to make walls that it hides behind. It comes out to bask (heat) and drink (I assume) and always drags it's prey back into it's coconut hide after snagging it.
Give it time and don't forget to update us!