• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My G. pulchra

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I'm picking up my 1" G. pulchra from Bruce on Saturday night! I'm so excited. I have had one other G. pulchra - a full grown female who I named Scirroco. She was with me for about 12 years and I miss her terribly. This will be my smallest tarantula to date - until I get the others in April.
Does anyone have any incantations or spells handy so they turn out to be female?

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
I'm picking up my 1" G. pulchra from Bruce on Saturday night! I'm so excited. I have had one other G. pulchra - a full grown female who I named Scirroco. She was with me for about 12 years and I miss her terribly. This will be my smallest tarantula to date - until I get the others in April.
Does anyone have any incantations or spells handy so they turn out to be female?
I just clicked on Grammastola to see what anyone had to say about G. pulchra. Mine will be here tomorrow morning. First one I've had. Please if you find the magic to getting females let me know. I have raised so many males... I believe the two I bought as slings Dec 2014 are males...

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
we want pics! we want pics!
All I have so far. :)
DSC_0183.JPG
DSC_0187.JPG

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
looks about the same size as my 2. they're both 3/4" DLS or so they were sold as, i haven't had them molt yet to verify.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I purchased from PetCenter. Stated 3/4 inch. Not sure if they measure diagonal or not.
That's what i did also :) they have a measuring thingy on their site saying they measure them DLS in a relaxed sitting position. So they should be pretty accurate. Once mine molts i'll verify. Should be soon he's been hiding in the hide for a few weeks now and his butt is black and shiny.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have to say. This is the dumbest spider I've owned yet lol. He closed the entrance to his hide then closed the entrance to his burrow from outside. o_O Then spent 2 days circling the enclosure looking for a way back in.

My son unplugged the hide opening and his G pulchra was down the burrow within a few minutes. He was fat with a shiney butt so hopefully he'll molt soon.

Latest posts