• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My First Tarantula Book

donna

3 Year Member
mentioned this to kenny the other day. Please DO NOT follow the advice in this book . i am just showing you the info that was available to me about 18 years ago when i bought my first t, this is the book the pet shop sold me. So outdated it's funny. thank god we have google nower days . hope you find this interesting .
1.jpg
1a.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
08112012694.jpg
10.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used to live near a man called Ron Baxter who wrote a book called keeping and breeding tarantulas , it's a good book and he was very knowledgeable. I got my first brachypelmas from him a smith called Venus and a boehmi called gypsy.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I used to live near a man called Ron Baxter who wrote a book called keeping and breeding tarantulas , it's a good book and he was very knowledgeable. I got my first brachypelmas from him a smith called Venus and a boehmi called gypsy.

Ron's book was fantastic for its time and even now it still beats the pants off most of the books available.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yes he bred millions of spiders his house was ram packed with them all beautiful healthy spiders and all the ones I bought from him lived a very long time. I used to live near another man called don who bred genics and I had some lovely spiders from him too