• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first Sling =)

Oredhel

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt to "rehouse" (not really a rehouse, just had to take her out for some maintenance at the enclosure). This is my very first sling, i'm starting with a T albo and she is doing great. Greetings from Argentina! =)

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
@Oredhel

Just out of curiosity, have you seen tarantulas in the wild and if so what species?

I know that not all of Argentina has free roaming tarantulas. But maybe in your travels or even closer to home you may have come across some.

Also don’t be afraid to show pictures and ask questions.

Oredhel

Hello! Nice to meet you all!

I did attached a video when i wrote the post, but i guess i did it wrong XD haha

@DustyD Once when i was a child i saw a Grammostola vachoni but i was travelling they don't live near my home. I'm from Buenos Aires and you may find more tarantulas here in Argentina towards the north of the country. Speaking of wich i bought a Grammostola pulchripes just yesterday. Also a sling and she is doing great. Both the T albo and the pulchripes are very active spiders as slings! I'm surprised,

I was wondering (I'm still a little afraid of big spiders thats why im only buying slings rn) if i should buy an LP for this "first set" of 4 o 5 tarantulas i want to grow from slings or not. Their growth rate is that fast? the others Ts i would like to own are a Pulchra, a Bohemei and an avicularia (or a versicolor if i can find one).

Thank you all for the answers! =)

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I have no personal experience with LPs but there are plenty who do.

My first Ts were G. pulchripes and G. pulchra both about 1.5 inches. My G. pulchripes was always the most active. Since then I have bought both species at smaller sizes and these were more active, leaping into the air to get their prey.

I used to be afraid that these tiny ones were too susceptible, but so far they have had no problems and are so fun to watch.

Enjoy!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
My LP was one of my early purchases and she's been a joy to watch grow from sling to 8" beauty. Always eats well and they really do grow quickly from slings.

Latest posts