• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first scorpion !

18ebolling

Got this little dude today ! (Don't know for sure it's a dude or a girl) Asian Forest Scorpion (the substrate is damper now that's just how it was when I bought it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201118-181259.png
    Screenshot_20201118-181259.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

NorseDad

I was seriously looking at an emperor at Repticon a few weeks ago. I ended up putting my money elsewhere, but man was I tempted.

Your scorp looks awesome! Congratulations.

I might be wrong, but I think that you picked the winning number and won the grand prize.
I suspect that she's gravid.
You might want to research how to care for the little ones once you come home and find a bunch of little ones on their mommas back. That way you'll be ready and have the appropriate containers to separate them out when the time comes.

Another cool thing that you might or might not know is that you can make a really cool display by buying a 12" florescent black light bulb and ballast. At night, you will see her glow in the dark and change color from black to an attractive green.

Congratulations on your new pet.

18ebolling

I might be wrong, but I think that you picked the winning number and won the grand prize.
I suspect that she's gravid.
You might want to research how to care for the little ones once you come home and find a bunch of little ones on their mommas back. That way you'll be ready and have the appropriate containers to separate them out when the time comes.

Another cool thing that you might or might not know is that you can make a really cool display by buying a 12" florescent black light bulb and ballast. At night, you will see her glow in the dark and change color from black to an attractive green.

Congratulations on your new pet.
That would be awesome ! Is it for sure a female or just female assuming it's pregnant ?

That would be awesome ! Is it for sure a female or just female assuming it's pregnant ?
Good question.
I really can't say for sure.
It's just an educated guess, so I don't want to get your hopes up too much.
However, if I were picking from a dozen different scorpions and saw that one, I would not hesitate to pick the one that you chose. Then I'd read up on scorplings or whatever the current term is, just in case. The reason is that the abdomen is expanded beyond normal for even a well fed specimen. Notice the white sides. Check back and Let us know how it goes.