• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first roaches

Fleas

3 Year Member
Congratulations hope you like your as I do mine:D super convenient when all your food for your T's are just right there.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Haha, oh thanks! I'm sure they will and I was planning on feeding it how you do yours to not tramautize their little guts haha. I'm getting the adorable horseshoe crab ones :)

Good idea! :) They are a very shy species, they probably won't start eating until the dead of night.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Well, I just got home and just got them settled..and man did they settle right away! All were alive and well, the heat pack that I requsted was still slightly warm too! All either walked out, or were clinging to the moist paper towel, so I just placed that in the enclosure I have for them, and they all just wandered off of the towel or took minimal prodding into the substrate. Only the tiniest was left in the tub, and after some direction also found the sub and all immediately burrowed. I'll post some pics as soon as I have them off my phone :).

Also, I'd like to take this moment to say I got these guys from @Hisserdude and business with him was fantastic! Wealth of knowledge, great help etc. I will post a proper review soon with THOSE appropriate pics on this forum in the review section as well. If you're thinking of doing business with him, I highly recommend it. Or even if you just need advice.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
@MassExodus and @Entity as promised, pics!
IMG_0562.JPG
My enclosure for them. 3in of a sphagnum moss/coco fiber/coco soft mix, a wood hide and a food dish thingy before I put in the water pillow. I was advised against a shallow dish for water.
IMG_0568.JPG
This one was one of the 2 most reluctant to leave his little home and go to the new one. It and a tiny nymph needed some prodding..but it allowed me to take this pic..albeit blurry.
IMG_0569.JPG
Same one without flash.
IMG_0570.JPG
Settling in, and digging away as soon as it realized how awesome its new place was.
IMG_0572.JPG
Carrot included in shipping for them to nibble, its raw so no rot and I like to think help them accumulate hah. Plus the water pillow.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Well, I just got home and just got them settled..and man did they settle right away! All were alive and well, the heat pack that I requsted was still slightly warm too! All either walked out, or were clinging to the moist paper towel, so I just placed that in the enclosure I have for them, and they all just wandered off of the towel or took minimal prodding into the substrate. Only the tiniest was left in the tub, and after some direction also found the sub and all immediately burrowed. I'll post some pics as soon as I have them off my phone :).

Also, I'd like to take this moment to say I got these guys from @Hisserdude and business with him was fantastic! Wealth of knowledge, great help etc. I will post a proper review soon with THOSE appropriate pics on this forum in the review section as well. If you're thinking of doing business with him, I highly recommend it. Or even if you just need advice.

Thanks, I am glad they all arrived safely! :D

@MassExodus and @Entity as promised, pics!
View attachment 14549My enclosure for them. 3in of a sphagnum moss/coco fiber/coco soft mix, a wood hide and a food dish thingy before I put in the water pillow. I was advised against a shallow dish for water.
View attachment 14550 This one was one of the 2 most reluctant to leave his little home and go to the new one. It and a tiny nymph needed some prodding..but it allowed me to take this pic..albeit blurry.
View attachment 14551 Same one without flash.
View attachment 14552 Settling in, and digging away as soon as it realized how awesome its new place was.View attachment 14553 Carrot included in shipping for them to nibble, its raw so no rot and I like to think help them accumulate hah. Plus the water pillow.

Very nice enclosure, never heard of a water pillow, looks like a perfect way to offer bugs water! Seems like they love their new enclosure, I would if I was a roach! :) Hopefully within a year you'll have a bunch of adults in there, these guys are pretty big roaches!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Very nice enclosure, never heard of a water pillow, looks like a perfect way to offer bugs water! Seems like they love their new enclosure, I would if I was a roach! :) Hopefully within a year you'll have a bunch of adults in there, these guys are pretty big roaches!

Apparently it is typically used for crickets according to the packaging but I figured it would be good for them too. I got it at the LPS in my boyfriends town. It is called "Rzilla Cricket Water Pillow" and claims "one moistening per day provides days of water" and "rehydrate and reuse" but their is like 8 I think to a pack. His sore was selling them for about $4.

Edit: Nope, rereading packet 6/pack

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Well cool, may have to see if my pet store sells them, seems like a nifty thing to have! :)

Haha cute, if you look at the enclosure from underneath you may actually see some, there are always a bunch there that I can see through the plastic. :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I got some more pics of 2 under the log, bigger than than that one. I'm going to upload those tomorrow morning.

I'm sure you can probably get them online somewhere too. Like a reptile-focused store, since its marketed for crickets.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What species? I might have missed that back in the conversation if it was mentioned.

Latest posts