• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my first pokie

harrison

IMG_0293(Edited).jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll take your word for it. I still see the epiandrial arch with the notch on the bottom though. Maybe this is where I'm screwing up vent sexing. (Also I smoked a lot of pot in highschool.)
I was just sitting in my T room looking at my female against the glass as I was reading the post. I kinda see the "dot". Hard to tell if that is from the flash. I hate ventral sexing.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That one is amazing. Getting your first pokie is a milestone in the hobby. They aren't fire breathing dragons.

Just remember, the slower you move the slower the T moves. I usually wear a ski mask to avoid accidently breathing on it sneezing on the spider.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For sexing, I'm not totally sure but I think I might've spotted fusillae, which means male. As time goes on, the colors diverge. They're sexually dimorphic.

The underside looks the same as my male P striata but not like Arachnoclown's confirmed female.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For what its worth, I see Arachnoclowns female and the other still looks very male to me. The place where the epiandrial arch is on a male is smooth on Arachnoclowns spider. On harrison's, theres a dark arch right where its supposed to be..but it could be coloration..bah!

Latest posts