• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My cobalt blue has blocked its den

AllHailCobaltblue

Hello everyone!

My cobalt blue has molted 1 week ago.. After its molt was done, she blocked her den with web.

I have been insecure whether she needed water or food. So i have carefully removed the web, that barricaded its den. But after i did it, I read about why spiders block its den.

My question is.. When the spider not herself has reappeared from its den, is it then to soon to begin to feed her again?.. I have removed the web, but should i just wait it out instead of dropping a cricket down its den?

regards

a new cobalt lover

Last edited by a moderator:

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If any species of T blocks it’s den off then always leave it. It’s telling you to go away.
now you’ve removed the web the worst thing you can do is throw crickets down there. Make sure a water dish is left topped up and it’ll most likely come out at night and drink if needed. After a week (or 2 depending on how big it is)I’d suggest leaving crickets outside the burrow with their heads crushed.

Latest posts