• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Caribena versicolor, unsexed but probably a female!

exo.kappa

Hi everyone,

here is my unsexed Caribena versicolor, I got this from a friend that never checked the molts... but looking to the size it seems a female! My friend took it 2 years ago as a Sling.

279077522_6266431591194_815365714803672242_n.jpg

I did a video of the last rehouse, I really like the corkbark put in this way.. but I hope that he/she start using the hole.. is it always around the walls :D

In the future it would be nice to try to breed her (if I can confirm that is a female in the next molt...)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum. I have a few Avics set up with tubes, they rarely use them in my experience. Psalmopoeus and Poecilotheria will, however. For your C versicolor tank, I would recommend adding more foliage (read anchor points) up top and she will likely setup a web-hammock contraption, males don't "set up shop" like females do, again in my experience.

You can postulate female based on its size (at a quick glance per your pic) but as you know, a molt will confirm

Welcome to the forum!

exo.kappa

Thanks for the welcome!

We will see in the future, before was in another enclosure and did a den inside an half corkbark on the wall.. but probably I will add some more plants, because I see the T always static on the wall

exo.kappa

Thanks for all the messages, let's hope the next molt will be not destroyed the next time!

In the meanwhile I bought a new plant and added to the enclosure

Attachments

• 1654240974107.jpg
    1654240974107.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts