• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My brother in the hobby.

Pawandinverts

3 Year Member
I am trying to get my brother in the hobby with me.
I am offering him his first tarantula free with his very own cage with it.
Dooes anyone know of a good idea is to get him to join the hobby?
Thanks,
Preston. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is he interested? or are you just trying to get him interested?
I've always done well getting people interested by showing off my more colorful adults. My GBB in particular.
I've also found that emphasis on how easy it is works well too.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm of the opinion that a little versicolor sling would win over the ladies; fuzzy blue babies are irresistible....right?! ;)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My sister wants to get over her arachnophobia and said she would cope with a small pink spider which I think is very racist and may go and get my friends stroppy l parahybana . Well I won't be risking her having a panic attack and dropping money or Coppelia or tsunami on the floor.

Pawandinverts

3 Year Member
My sister wants to get over her arachnophobia and said she would cope with a small pink spider which I think is very racist and may go and get my friends stroppy l parahybana . Well I won't be risking her having a panic attack and dropping money or Coppelia or tsunami on the floor.
I would let here handle a Pink Toe (Avic Avic). That was my first to handle. I instantly fell in love, I had a great fear of tarantulas and spiders now that is all I think about. Let her sit down on the floor and be really clam. Let the tarantula walk on your hand first and put it gently on her hand. Use a smaller tarantula.
A pink toe some people think they are cute.( I do lol)

Toogledoo

3 Year Member
Hey, I'm definitely a sucker for those little blue babies!! :D Also baby A. avics are pink and adorable. They make me get all high pitched and squeaky. Lol!!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would let here handle a Pink Toe (Avic Avic). That was my first to handle. I instantly fell in love, I had a great fear of tarantulas and spiders now that is all I think about. Let her sit down on the floor and be really clam. Let the tarantula walk on your hand first and put it gently on her hand. Use a smaller tarantula.
A pink toe some people think they are cute.( I do lol)
Think I will get a plastic one to start with lol. I love avics too.

Latest posts