• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my baby salmon pink birdeater

ben

3 Year Member
my baby salmon pink, only had it 4-5 months but still a beautiful T :)

molted 4 times so far though looking forward to being able to sex it.

named it tiny as well for irony.

Attachments

• tiny.jpg
    tiny.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 38

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my baby salmon pink, only had it 4-5 months but still a beautiful T :)

molted 4 times so far though looking forward to being able to sex it.

named it tiny as well for irony.
Gorgeous spider good luck. Do you have any others ?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
no this is my 1st all together, ive had some experience with T's when i done animal care in college though

Great place to start, word of advice though, Salmon Pinks can get agressive as they grow, so take care in future handling.

ben

3 Year Member
yea i know ive done my research on them because i got it off a friend and to be honest i did get worried when he said it was a bird eater.
planning on getting 2 more when this ones grown a bit, going to get a maxican red knee and finally a cobalt blue because they are just so beautiful

ben

3 Year Member
thats a good picture :) and i doubt im correct but when tiny was molting i saw 4 white marks on the bottom of the abdomen, and i was wondering if its a female or if its even possible to sex at this stage, whats your thoughts?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thats a good picture :) and i doubt im correct but when tiny was molting i saw 4 white marks on the bottom of the abdomen, and i was wondering if its a female or if its even possible to sex at this stage, whats your thoughts?
The 4 white marks are likely the book lungs. Is it possible to sex that young? absolutely, but we'd need a very good picture.

ben

3 Year Member
well the only camera i have is my phone but them pictures are poor quality i can see if i my mum will let me borrow her camera then may be able to get a good picture.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sexing via moult is a better option, so next time it Moults hang on to the shed and take some pics. Sexing is easiest from 5th moult on.