• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My B hamorii Samaria (maybe Sam??) just molted 4-8-19

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll be sexing the molt later today, just want to give it some more recovery time & some extra hydration.

I didn't catch it in the act, but it obviously just got done a few minutes prior and was just flipped back over.

It looks absolutely stunning!!

The water dish was nearly empty & it returned to drink a little bit more & back to where the molt was. I also lightly sprayed the corner. With Brachys, I never add extra hydration except for the waterdish under normal circumstances.

What a great spider!! It's pretty, great positive attitude, keeps the cage neat and tidy & has never even trashed one thing ever, also has a nice feeding response without going insane.

Even after just molting, now how calm the disposition is. I've never in my life seen a T so calm after just molting when you open up the cage.

Obviously in this case, the next feeding will be in 7 days or so, more if the fangs haven't blackened up.

It completely caught me by surprise, never saw that coming or any recognizable premolt, just a very slight enlargement of the abdomen after I gave it a Dubai roach a week and a half ago.

Compare this to how my L klugi was acting after it just molted. Of course, she went back to her usual chilled out self once she hardened up.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, so now comes the hilarious part. I'm driving myself more and more insane trying to sex this & the dissecting scope only makes it worse.

Since the furrows are so small on these, I'm leaning to female but still am not totally sure.

The molt was a little bit chewed up but not too bad.

Funny isn't it?

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got an acceptable molt but I'm still not sure what it is. There's something there but it's pretty small, a flap that looks extremely small.

I looked at it with the dissecting scope, which made it bigger but I'm still not totally sure.