1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My B. albopilosum lost a sac and is now treating a mound of dirt like a sac

Discussion in 'General Tarantula Discussion' started by Sharno, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:32 PM.

1. Sharno

Sharno New Member

Hey all,

I would have posted this in the breeding section...but there's not a lot of traffic there, and this is fairly random.

My B. Albo had an eggsac a couple of weeks ago, but it was abandoned and opened and destroyed. She did not eat it, but it was clearly ruined.

I moved her into a new cage and just saw that she has rolled up a huge mound of substrate and is holding it like she did the eggsac. Has anyone ever seen this before? (pic below).

Unless this is somehow a second sac - but I see no evidence of an eggsac in the mound and don't want to disturb her.

LPmound.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2018 at 3:30 AM
  2. Metalman2004

Metalman2004 Well-Known Member

Thats definitely a new one for me. Interested to hear what others have to say.
  3. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Well-Known Member

Its not an eggsac. They will sometimes adopt random objects and mother them when they lose sacs or have them taken from them.
    Arachnoclown and Enn49 like this.
  4. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

My B. Sabulosum did this for a few days after I pulled her sac...she ended up putting it in her water dish.
  5. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

lmao....she like son of a bitch....this aint my babies! lmao.
Draft saved Draft deleted