• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My 2 newest cage builds

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My H pulchripes male had hooked out and I sent him away for trade today.

I'm expecting 2 new arrivals should my male survive the journey.

Mysterious 2 new arrivals 1.jpg

H pulchripes Matchmaker 2.jpg
H pulchripes Matchmaker 1.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice looking enclosures. What will be living in them?

How was catching up the male? Any fun drama to tell us about?

They'll be awesome once I receive them. The good news is that the breeder informed me that he made the journey safe and sound.

I've never packed up one for shipment before, which made it scary to say the least.

I will say one is a suspect male the other a suspect female. Of course, if you look at the others I have and their enclosures, guessing the family shouldn't be too hard.

I'll have to see how feasible shooting an unboxing video is.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The mystery Ts are now unveiled. I got 2 P vittata slings, one a suspect male other one a suspect female.

They are named Bonnie and Clyde of course.

When the box arrived, it was hot in the outside. Fearing I might have to rehydrate a T that was to hot, I began the unboxing immediately.

I pointed my trusty infrared thermometer at the vials and one was 104, other one 103. It was so hot I don't blame the breeder at all.

They are, of course, perfectly fine in fact better then fine. These guys are fast and prone to panicking. That will probably change as they settle in. Hopefully they calm right down like my P striata does.

In fact, Clyde even got disoriented and ran across the back of my left hand to get from one size of the enclosure to the other, in a millisecond.

Anyway, here's pics.

P vittata Bonnie 8.jpg
P vittata Bonnie 4.jpg
P vittata Clyde 2.jpg
P vittata Clyde 3.jpg

Enjoy everyone.

Latest posts