• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mushrooms issue

shaun

3 Year Member
Feeding day today, found these mushrooms in an enclosure.
Cleared it all out but will probably have to rehouse
20210616_160957.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You may not need to rehouse, I've had those in one of my containers and they haven't come back.

shaun

3 Year Member
Yes, it is an A. genic
I'm quite a novice, and would be concerned about any of my enclosures sprouting mushrooms.
I will definitely keep a good eye on things and rehouse if i think its out of control.
Cheers for the advice

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Yes, it is an A. genic
I'm quite a novice, and would be concerned about any of my enclosures sprouting mushrooms.
I will definitely keep a good eye on things and rehouse if i think its out of control.
Cheers for the advice
Hi
there is no need to bother the spider.Just pick them out.Springtails make a quick meal out of those.I had some in my D pentaloris enclosure and they went away eventually. I liked the look tho
Regards Konstantin

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Does having the mushrooms in there qualify the enclosure as bio active?

MBullock

3 Year Member
In case you're curious, that mushroom is Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, the yellow flowerpot mushroom.

Coprinus is also common in potting soils, looks just like the yellow ones but is white instead.

shaun

3 Year Member
My substrate is a mix of coco coir, pro rep spider substrate and a little vermiculite.
Where do the fungi come from?

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
I had my mushrooms sprout on 100% coco fiber.
Spores could be anywhere as far as Im concerned.
Main thing is the mushrooms are not harmful or any danger to the tarantula and if you don't like the look just pick them out or dry the corner where they appear
It is as simple as that.
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts