• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mr Torts waiting

tapkoote

3 Year Member
I call him Mr Torts- Mr Tor-Tice- proper, it's from an old joke. "Tortoise"
He was slow as heck to find food at first, not so much now.
Any way I saw him moving around the tank this evening with his front legs raised high. I saw the same behavior in my first B smithi, and knew he was hungry. Got two crickets in there , immediately got one. But here he is waiting for the other to come out from behind the water dish. It seems once they get past 3 1/2 inches or so, they know they can roam around and scare up some dinner. And catch them with their legs raised high in front.
Now I have my spiders under the TV set, so we watch hockey all winter together, those folks who hide their spiders in a back room won't see this behavior. IMG_9109.JPG

tapkoote

3 Year Member
Torts is a hog.
He's realized when I pull the cork out of the top, bugs will fall from the sky.
He was wondering around the cage hungry, so I dropped in a cricket. He grabbed it and was sitting there waiting. Another one in and grabbed it also. There's only one left in the container so I dropped it in too. He grabbed it and wondered off. My other T would eat one at a time, then search out others to eat one at a time. These guys do have their own separate personality. short vid

tapkoote

3 Year Member
Torts is a digger. I keep a light on for warmth at the cage. I spun the cage around 180*, to change the water, next morning he'd dug out the corner, like on the other end. Of course he dirtied the dish!

Attachments

• IMG_7062.JPG
    IMG_7062.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts