• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Motionless pink toe

Jess Zimny

Howdy! So I received my pink toe a week ago, my first T, and it has not been very active. Every time I see it in its enclosure, it is always in the same corner, never under a hide either. I'll even check it at 2 am, and it is still there. Today I went by and it had it's legs really curled up to it's body. I have a low heat lamp facing it, but the T is on the complete other side of the enclosure. It's in a 12x12x12 enclosure now, the T is about 2 in long. It eats it's food perfectly fine, and I caught it in the water bowl once. I'm just a little worried whether or not this is normal activity for now? Also, I just noticed it, but what is that white stain on the glass next to the T?? Is that it's attempt at a web? It wasn't there before. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220109_193707.jpg
    20220109_193707.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20220109_193715.jpg
    20220109_193715.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
White stain is poo. Tarantulas need time to adjust to its soundings. Best to leave it alone and place it in a quiet dark place. Heat lamps can dehydrate spiders...especially spiders that don't burrow to get away from the heat.

Jess Zimny

White stain is poo. Tarantulas need time to adjust to its soundings. Best to leave it alone and place it in a quiet dark place. Heat lamps can dehydrate spiders...especially spiders that don't burrow to get away from the heat.
Ok! Yeah, it's in a nice place right now. And I just ordered some heating pads recently, are those better sources of heat?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok! Yeah, it's in a nice place right now. And I just ordered some heating pads recently, are those better sources of heat?
Tarantulas don't require heat. If your ok wearing a T shirt the tarantula is fine. Remember tarantulas are nocturnal and hunt at night when temperatures are cool. They hide during the heat of the day.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heat pads are not a good way to manage temperature for tarantulas for many reasons. You're better off heating the area Ts are in, like a small room, closet or cabinet.

However, keep in mind, if you're comfortable in a t-shirt your T will probably be comfortable, too.

Latest posts