• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Most likely a female chilean rose?? Opinions please?

Jakodi

3 Year Member
My ex bf got me a chilean rose when I was 18 I'm turning 24 soon so I have had "her" for almost 6 years. "She" was already full size when I got her from the pet store. I don't know how old just that she never got any bigger. She has molted 4 times in the six years I've had her (last molt was a year and a half ago, close to two years) and she is average size. Ive read that adult male tarantulas have large hooks on the legs and bulges on the front feelers. My tarantula has neither. I've also read that the average male chilean rose hair lives between 4-7 years. With all this in mind, I believe my spider is a female... Is this foolish or unreasonable? I'm looking for help determining gender. Also I always hated the name my ex bf gave her, so I'm renaming her so any ideas for a name is much appritiated!

Latest posts