• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Most evil tarantula you've ever had? (jokingly speaking ik tarantulas aren't evil)

arachbiodude

Vietnamese Earth Tiger.

Attachments

• earthtiger3.jpg
    earthtiger3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 29

Lemon

I have a B Bohemii and what a sassy kicker. I made some tea, went to get her water - she climbed up to the side of her cage and kicked a **** ton of hair into my tea. Now, my blondi and p metallica's are less sassy than this!
And they say all Brachypelma are docile XD

Salatia

The incident that stands out in my mind so far is nothing really. But then I'm very early in my time in the hobby! And it definitely gave me pause to think about how the general descriptions don't apply to all those in the species!

I'd ordered a juvenile along with some micro crickets for my slings. Apparently parcelforce decided it was the basketball finals at their warehouse, as when I opened the flap initially it was to a bunch of black squishes. Then I saw movement. Slammed the flap shut and legged it outside. Masses of dead, and many roaming but I rounded up every one of the live buggers I could find. My initial goal was not to have them throughout the house. I wasn't too concerned about the T once I saw just how the breakout had occurred, but still wasn't fond of the stress that must have been involved.

I moved the juvenile D.pentaloris into a small breeding box, with a couple inches of substrate. They were reluctant to let go of their tissue from their travel vial so I left it for a bit. Later I went to retrieve it. Too soon, apparently! As I picked it up with the tweezers a bit of it folded and brushed the Ts leg. Before I'd blinked they'd spun and leapt, not at the tweezers, but at their source. I'm grateful that I was using the feeder window on the breeding box, else they likely would have made it onto my arm.

In this case, I watched them over a few days and they kept climbing and sitting in the top corners of the box. I wasn't comforted by this, it seemed stressed, so I took to the Internet and found that, while terrestrial, they are opportunistic burrowers. So at that point I doubled the substrate in the enclosure. And they dug themselves a happy burrow with an attempt at some sort of trap door like area. No longer flinchy, no longer hiding in the corners of the lid.

I'm just asking this cause I love hearing stories about tarantulas :p
Our B. Boehmei is our meanest one. Drop a cricket? Kick hairs. Close enclosure? Kick hairs. Breathe wrong? Kick hairs. He's such a jerk! We've had our 1st T. Albo climb the tongs at me and stidulate at me and our T. Vagans threat pose, but these were just 1 single day each of sass. It's every time for our Boehmei. And not mean, but scares the crap out of me, is our GBB who bolts the enclosure every chance she gets. She'll threat pose, but mostly just takes off running while I sing, "She's a runner she's a track star". My husband isn't amused lol

Jakub96

Cobalt blue. She had the worst attitude ever. All it took is for me is to walk past the enclosure and she would go mad. Once she escaped, she chew through the mesh

Found her after 2 days in my air forces. Slept on sofa for those 2 days
Se stole your shoes!? XD
Yeah. When i tried to catch in the bowl she run up my arm onto my back... quick f**kers. Lucky i did not get bitten. Had to use a cooking spoon to get it to move

Also this was my 3rd spider ever. Made a mistake there as i didn't know much about ts back then

New2T’s

3 Year Member
My C. Marshalli female juvie is so ornery. If you touch her enclosure she immediately takes off to where you are and does threat pose and stridulates so loud. She will slap as well. She’s been this way since she was a large sling. My G. Porteri juvie is a very close 2nd. She chases me as well and will slap. I hate watering and doing maintenance for these two tarantulas.

CMurphy

Cobalt blue. She had the worst attitude ever. All it took is for me is to walk past the enclosure and she would go mad. Once she escaped, she chew through the mesh

Found her after 2 days in my air forces. Slept on sofa for those 2 days

Yeah. When i tried to catch in the bowl she run up my arm onto my back... quick f**kers. Lucky i did not get bitten. Had to use a cooking spoon to get it to move

Also this was my 3rd spider ever. Made a mistake there as i didn't know much about ts back then
So your saying that I, even though they are pretty, should stay far away for now.. lol I have a b. smithi as my first, and am thinking of a second, they are addictive.. lol