• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mosquitoes

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
HELP! IM DELICIOUS! I'm hop6with this being a community of experts I can get some help. Mosquitoes absolutely love me. I will get 10 bites covered with any bug spray I've tried. While my wife sits undisturbed with no spray. How can I find relief

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
HELP! IM DELICIOUS! I'm hop6with this being a community of experts I can get some help. Mosquitoes absolutely love me. I will get 10 bites covered with any bug spray I've tried. While my wife sits undisturbed with no spray. How can I find relief
I am exactly the same.. They like sweet blood :) I have found citronella oil to help keep them away you can dilute it and dab it on your skin.... Or you could take up smoking apparently that works too lol :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Try Lavender. When I worked in the building trade, I worked for 4 years, at a small builder in the village where the Norfolk Lavender farm is located & we did a few jobs there. Midges & mosquitos hate the smell of Lavender.

Grow some near windows & doors, buy some natural oil to wear. It all helps.

Catnip is another great plant for keeping the bugs at bay. Catnip, (also known as Catmint.) Is used in some commercial insect repellents & is even stronger than the chemical Deet,

Latest posts