• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Monthly tarantula magazine!

patricia

3 Year Member
Hi everyone - been a member here for a while and love it :)

I'm a graphic designer who also happens to LOVE tarantulas! I think it's terrible that every other animal and hobby has a magazine, but there doesn't seem to be one about tarantulas and spiders. So...I'm going to create one and release the first issue mid-December (end 2018 with a bang)!

BUT I need your help! I'd love to be able to include submissions and educational tidbits from people in this forum, as well as cool art and funny stories that really showcase how great this hobby is. Also open to suggestions! I hope you'll join me in making this magazine as great as it can be! All submissions/info will be credited!

To learn more about how to submit and subscribe to the monthly magazine, please visit my info page about it here: https://www.tarantulaheaven.com/tarantula-magazine/

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi everyone - been a member here for a while and love it :)

I'm a graphic designer who also happens to LOVE tarantulas! I think it's terrible that every other animal and hobby has a magazine, but there doesn't seem to be one about tarantulas and spiders. So...I'm going to create one and release the first issue mid-December (end 2018 with a bang)!

BUT I need your help! I'd love to be able to include submissions and educational tidbits from people in this forum, as well as cool art and funny stories that really showcase how great this hobby is. Also open to suggestions! I hope you'll join me in making this magazine as great as it can be! All submissions/info will be credited!

To learn more about how to submit and subscribe to the monthly magazine, please visit my info page about it here: https://www.tarantulaheaven.com/tarantula-magazine/
same from me. Sounds like a really good idea. happy for any of my pictures being used too.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Something aimed towards the younger generation to show that they aren't big scary creatures that want to hurt you or something more mature and informational?
I get the newsletters and her style is both really, lighthearted reading with factual information. She also has a book out but I haven't read it as yet.
@patricia , I have been getting the emails but I hesitated on submitting pictures because mine are all Australian species but you're welcome to use them if you like with proviso that when I re-launch my website (Miniature Living Worlds) we come to some agreement about including links to some of your material. :)

patricia

3 Year Member
I get the newsletters and her style is both really, lighthearted reading with factual information. She also has a book out but I haven't read it as yet.
@patricia , I have been getting the emails but I hesitated on submitting pictures because mine are all Australian species but you're welcome to use them if you like with proviso that when I re-launch my website (Miniature Living Worlds) we come to some agreement about including links to some of your material. :)
Wow @Dave Jay thanks for reading my work and your kind words <3 So great to connect on here!!! I would be HONORED to use some photos if you feel like submitting some and I'm def open to an agreement if you mean something like linking to your website (when it's ready).

Latest posts