• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

molts

Atx13

3 Year Member
My B. Vagans and C. fasciatum moulted yesterday, was pretty excited. They're bout getting so big!
How big is your A. Geniculata now?

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
Does everyone get excited (like I do) about it when they know their T's are about to molt or has molted? I look forward to seeing the changes in the slings and how much the have grown. We had 3 slings ( a white knee, a Chaco golden knee, and a red rump, pictures are coming) molt this weekend and I took pictures of them after they molted and wrote it down in a note book I'm keeping for the slings.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Does everyone get excited (like I do) about it when they know their T's are about to molt or has molted? I look forward to seeing the changes in the slings and how much the have grown. We had 3 slings ( a white knee, a Chaco golden knee, and a red rump, pictures are coming) molt this weekend and I took pictures of them after they molted and wrote it down in a note book I'm keeping for the slings.

I do. :D

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm really anticipating Karina's first moult with us...we've had her the longest, so I'm (im)patiently waiting for that day hehe

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
BobbiSue, my B. vagans sling, molted last night! I almost panicked when I opened her container to feed her this morning and saw what I thought was a death curl!!! She had molted early in the night and the shed had dried a bit, lol. She's still in her burrow so I can't see her well, but I do think she's gone from around a half inch to close to, if not slightly over, an inch!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Brilliant! Ive had a few heart stopping moments over curled up skins! Looks like pirate might go again soon i might stick his skin in the window too detter burglars.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the moult Dalilah!

I remember just being shocked when I seen this big orange spider in place of where the little bootylicious orange guy was a few hours before lol

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks guys.

I guess is scared me so bad because it was the first time I had someone molt and only saw the shed, not the spider sitting next to it. The little minx had already returned to her burrow and left the shed all curled up. But she is fine and looks to have almost doubled in size (again). My 1/4 inch sling is now around an inch long. :)

And I just got her at the end on 11/12! My babies are growing so fast!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love it sometimes when they throw there skin around the enclosure or little cupid folds his up tsunami beats the daylights out of hers and some of mine just like to squash them.

Latest posts