• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molting question update

hannah.tarantula.

Hi again. I had posted a question on behalf of my tarantula potentially molting, but I was concerned with his lack of movement. It has been about 2 weeks since I first noticed it. Since then, there has been no movement from my little guy and I don’t expect to see any movement anytime soon. He hasn’t responded to any source of stimuli and I don’t think he will. Is it safe to assume that my tarantula is dead?

SullivanC

Is it possible if you can take a picture of him? if he has been mature male for awhile then chances of him being dead is very likely yes because males do not really live that long once they mature this is why people mostly go for females because females live longer years

hannah.tarantula.

Is it possible if you can take a picture of him? if he has been mature male for awhile then chances of him being dead is very likely yes because males do not really live that long once they mature this is why people mostly go for females because females live longer years
He is not mature, he is pretty small and has only molted once since being with me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to hear about that. I am sure he has gone to tarantula heaven where he is feasting on an endless supply of juicy insects.

Latest posts