• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molting question :s

SarahLouise

3 Year Member
Hi. Ive got a Chilie Rose, shes around 3 and a half years now (i got her at 6 months) only she's only ever molted once! Is this normal??
I never worried about it before, but seeing all these threads about T's going through a molt, its bought it to my attention :/

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
grammostola are very slow growers. If you actually got her at 6 months
she should have moulted a couple times. but Pet stores are very poorly informed, and sometimes give out mis-information/flat out lie. How large was she when you got her?

SarahLouise

3 Year Member
@kenny. She was about an inch when i got her. Now shes about 5 inches. Shes only molted once with me!
read alot of information on molting, and they obviously have to molt to grow. so i'm unsure as to how shes got this big without molting :S

@Tgirl1010 she looks fine enough! Enjoys nothing more than wondering around her Viv once a month and eating half her prey a week, hiding the rest under her log, and having an occasional climb. Just thought this was a bit weird with the molting :s

Atx13

3 Year Member
@kenny. She was about an inch when i got her. Now shes about 5 inches. Shes only molted once with me!
read alot of information on molting, and they obviously have to molt to grow. so i'm unsure as to how shes got this big without molting :S

@Tgirl1010 she looks fine enough! Enjoys nothing more than wondering around her Viv once a month and eating half her prey a week, hiding the rest under her log, and having an occasional climb. Just thought this was a bit weird with the molting :s
One inch when u got her? And 5 inches after one moult?

SarahLouise

3 Year Member
Hi sorry i exhagerated slightly lol. Shes 3 inches lol! is this ok, or am i doing somehting wrong? She just hasnt molted since that first time :s im really worried now! I thought this was normal with her :(

Tguy

3 Year Member
it's ok sarah as they get older they go longer between molts..... my adult rose will be 18 in aug 2 molts in almost 12 years in my care .4 yrs after i got her then aug 2010 was her last..do you have any pics ?

Latest posts