• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molting Issue

Dallas

3 Year Member
I have had my male Chilean Rosie for a little over two years now. I purchased him as a juvenile. He eats good but he has yet to molt. I keep the humidity just right. About a week ago I was so happy becuase he was webbing himself and then flipped over on his back... for about 30 minutes or so. I accidently fell asleep because it was very early in the morning but when i got up he was his normal self, crawling around, but there was no molted skin.... And he balled up all the webbing and put it all in the corner of his cage!!??? I am afraid to touch the ball of web because everyone has told me to leave it. But I do want to get it out soon... Could his old molt be in that ball of web and my tarantula is a neat freak in his cage? Should I take it out? And if it is not in that ball of web, why in the world did he flip over to molt and not molt...? This has really perplexed me for a while now... All of my other slings molt when they flip over. Any advise/ help will be greatly appreciated.. TY!!!

Brina916

3 Year Member
That is really strange, I have been told that once an adult male they normally will not molt again, and normally only live a few more years. I was sad to hear this myself because I have 2 adult male rose hairs...why did they say not to touch the webbing?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you still upload a photo of him? How's he doing?

Latest posts