• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molt concern

tarantulas

My B. emilia had a molt this morning. It seems to be stuck on the tip of the abdomen or let. Should I try to remove it or leave it be? I know I shouldn't bother it, but any suggestions?? Thank you!

Attachments

• DE27056F-838F-45F4-9087-624F6E425630.jpeg
    DE27056F-838F-45F4-9087-624F6E425630.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Some have tried dampening the affected area with a paint brush it q-tip. I usually wait it out

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Funny as I had the same thing happening 2 days ago with a B. albiceps. I have a squeeze bottle I use to reach difficult to access water bowl that I filled up with warm water. I grabbed the molt with tweezers as Enn49 suggested and gently squeezed some warm water to the rear of her abdomen where the molt was still attached (she was dragging the molt around). It worked like a charm and the molt came off nice and smoothly.
E9CB661F-CBF7-43F0-A9CD-C6D56B5E33E3.jpeg

tarantulas

Funny as I had the same thing happening 2 days ago with a B. albiceps. I have a squeeze bottle I use to reach difficult to access water bowl that I filled up with warm water. I grabbed the molt with tweezers as Enn49 suggested and gently squeezed some warm water to the rear of her abdomen where the molt was still attached (she was dragging the molt around). It worked like a charm and the molt came off nice and smoothly.View attachment 53806
That's interesting!! I didn't do anything until it fell apart away then I take the molt. Again, thank you for your tips. I noted.