• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MM Tapinauchenius sp Colombia?

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I have been back and forth on this one. The molts have always too destroyed. I was thinking female until today when I noticed what looks like weird webbing and now I am less sure. The t is 3".

20160813_000731.jpg
20160813_000712.jpg
20160813_000723.jpg

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The title of this post says "MM"- are you questioning it being mature or just a male in general? I don't see any mature male extremities. I do see a dark triangle that looks like EF but from the book lung spacing it appears to be the mustache on the furrow of a female. Perhaps you can get a side shot of the first legs to see if we can see hooks and/or bulbs but from underneath I don't see anything indicating male (hooks/emboli).

Thistles

3 Year Member
Not a MM for sure. As far as ventral goes, there I'm less sure. Gonna say female based in shape, but I do see a suspicious dark area just above the furrow. If the pic were clearer I might be able to rule out or say they are epiandrous fusillae. Still, looks more female than make to me and it doesn't have emboli yet, so not a MM.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
The title of this post says "MM"- are you questioning it being mature or just a male in general? I don't see any mature male extremities. I do see a dark triangle that looks like EF but from the book lung spacing it appears to be the mustache on the furrow of a female. Perhaps you can get a side shot of the first legs to see if we can see hooks and/or bulbs but from underneath I don't see anything indicating male (hooks/emboli).
Yes I am questioning if its both really. Thank you both for your inpust. I shall try to get a side shot tonight, though I have heard that not all genus' of tarantulas have those hooks.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not a MM for sure. As far as ventral goes, there I'm less sure. Gonna say female based in shape, but I do see a suspicious dark area just above the furrow. If the pic were clearer I might be able to rule out or say they are epiandrous fusillae. Still, looks more female than make to me and it doesn't have emboli yet, so not a MM.

Lol, girl, other input is way better than just one opinion....lol. You're seeing the same thing I am seeing so I'm sure we are all on the same page. I do agree that a ventral picture at a different angle would be helpful.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Lol, girl, other input is way better than just one opinion....lol. You're seeing the same thing I am seeing so I'm sure we are all on the same page. I do agree that a ventral picture at a different angle would be helpful.
I will attempt a better pic tonight but now that s/he is a sub-adult/3" all s/he does is run around and around and around the enclosure when I try to do anything! Used to just hide which made pictures difficult but this is just as hard hah.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Omg....lmao....I'm such a dunce! :rolleyes: The whole time I thought I was looking at the belly of a pumpkin patch....ugh, lol. :eek: Looks female to me....:D. Just a guess but I'm going with 80/20 on this one.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Omg....lmao....I'm such a dunce! :rolleyes: The whole time I thought I was looking at the belly of a pumpkin patch....ugh, lol. :eek: Looks female to me....:D. Just a guess but I'm going with 80/20 on this one.
Haha, its alright..happens to the best of us..especially without enough caffeine! :D

Yeah, I was almost positive this whole time until that weird webbing, but maybe she found new place to eat than she used to eat in and its just mat remains.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Haha, its alright..happens to the best of us..especially without enough caffeine! :D

Yeah, I was almost positive this whole time until that weird webbing, but maybe she found new place to eat than she used to eat in and its just mat remains.

Yes I've started my morning with one red bull but it hasn't had time to kick in....I'm still yawning, lol....

Latest posts