• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MM occasionally rests in partial death curl despite otherwise acting healthy?

goldenpumpkin

Hello all, so it seems like my mature male occasionally likes to just chill with a couple legs tucked under himself in what looks like a partial death curl. I've seen him do this twice in the 2 weeks that I've had him, and when he's not doing this he appears to act perfectly normal. So my question is should I be worried about this behavior?

Note: I'm not talking about when he's grooming, I'm talking about him being completely still

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20210818_134140914_2.jpg
    PXL_20210818_134140914_2.jpg
    854.5 KB · Views: 15

goldenpumpkin

Ugh. I have a MM P. murinus that does this and it always freaks me out. Sometimes he won't respond initially if I gently prod him to check for signs of movement, then will suddenly launch himself at me like a jack in the box and scare the crap out me.
Well at least now I know it's normal! It does suck though lol. My tarantula and I literally scare each other sometimes; like one of us will get spooked and in turn spook the other... I try to remain calm but damn he makes it hard sometimes! xD