• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MISSING SPIDER!?

Which would you choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian le Plastrier

3 Year Member
Hey there

I wonder...... do spiders have magic in them?

What I am actually getting at is that my curly hair sling has just disappeared.
I noticed that she wasn't eating her food for a while, so I decided to see if she is still in the cage.
I searched and searched and couldn't find her.

How is this possible as the cage is closed except when I open it to feed her.

Could she have out smarted me and made it look like she was a dead carcass? or possibly escaped through the cage lid? (i doubt that very much)

I now have an empty cage, with an empty spot where my sling used to be....

Any advise would be appreciated.

Adrian le Plastrier

3 Year Member
Hey Hungry Ghost,

Thank you for the response.

The size of the T was +- 10mm and the enclosure is 7cm x 7cm x 7mm. L x B x H
The enclosure is made of glass.

Adrian le Plastrier

3 Year Member
I will upload a photo asap.

i checked through the substrate and emptied it into another tupperware to see if i can filter through it, yet nothing. i did find old roaches that had been chowed on, yet nothing.

Mike Carnelli

3 Year Member
I Too Can Now Join You…My Bahia Scarlet Has Just Vanished….I'm Use To Having To Dig Thru The 1 Inch Of Substrate In The Enclosure But This Time No Matter How Hard I Search It Wont Turn Up….This Think Was No More Than 1/4 Inch…..Totally Bummed

newtots

3 Year Member
when my first b albopolosum disappeared i poured out all the substrate(VERY GENTLY) and went through it all with a soft paint brush. i found a very very pissed off albopolosum at the very bottom of the container. the only one that ever really confused me was an lp that got out.... i went through everything including my room and still to this day haven't seen anything from it. but from all my research it can't survive our extreme temperatures here so i'm guessing that if i haven't found it by now i won't find it.