• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mindy my T stirmi looking awesome

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This cheap as seen on TV stick on light really brings out her reds and sits nicely on the screen. It's very light and much better then using the flash on my phone or my security guard flashlight.

Someone wants dinner again!! I'm buying superworms 2 containers at a time at the pet store just because of her, & my other destroyer of worlds my L klugi!!

It's hard to keep weight on her even though I'm feeding her 1 or 2 superworms about 3 times a week. Yes, I know she'll do 7 or 8 at once but thats just ridiculous.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This cheap as seen on TV stick on light really brings out her reds and sits nicely on the screen. It's very light and much better then using the flash on my phone or my security guard flashlight.

Someone wants dinner again!! I'm buying superworms 2 containers at a time at the pet store just because of her, & my other destroyer of worlds my L klugi!!

It's hard to keep weight on her even though I'm feeding her 1 or 2 superworms about 3 times a week. Yes, I know she'll do 7 or 8 at once but thats just ridiculous.
Get that girl some food...superworms are like giving her a snack size candy bar. Get some hissers, small lizard or a prekilled mouse.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
House of tropicals is known for having mammoth roaches. It's the only place I can get them. I'm not sure about vertebrates yet.

I mean that they are literally as big as she is.

I was feeding her 6 to 8 at a time but that seemed excessive even though she got them all. She was literally eating as many as the rest combined.

If only I had more Dubai available...

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just gave her the rest of them & she got each last one, about 11 of them. That'll hold body and soul together for now until I can get my hands on some hissers.

These are the larger sized super worms, almost 2 inches long.

The metabolism is incredible. My L klugi is pleasantly plump with the same thing, 2 or 3 roaches 2 or 3 times a week.

Here's the world's dumbest question I ever asked on any forum whatsoever anywhere. Is there any chance that they are warm blooded internally?

Is anyone here selling any hissers?

She are all of the Dubai ones I got before, about 50 of them in about 6 weeks.

Edit: That was all of them combined.

Last edited:

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hi. In regard to whether they could be warm blooded, this is one of the things I wondered about a while ago. From what I found out, they are definitely cold blooded. I managed to find a link for one of things I read on the net. It's by Stan Schultz from his site. It's a few years old, but I think it's still relevant.

https://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/Temperature.html

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update:

I had 5 crickets that were looking lonely and she got those too. After all, you know how fast that they die off and the pokies have all had their fill.