• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Might have 'it" might not

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
May or may not have covid. Some symptoms fit but I still have taste. Been Sick for about 2 months straight. Mostly battling a persistent cough and runny nose. I have maintained my exercise routine for the most part. Worried yo go get tested as I'm the sole earner for my household.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Is it fair to assume that you didn’t leave your home for two months as well to ensure you wouldn’t put anyone health at risk?
That's a no. I have a job that I have to go do in order to support my family. I unfortunately can't just post up at home every time I get the sniffles. Test is negative. Not covid.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's a no. I have a job that I have to go do in order to support my family. I unfortunately can't just post up at home every time I get the sniffles. Test is negative. Not covid.
As much as I understand the need to support your family (as I have one too) I can’t get my head around someone feeling sick for two months and still going to work, almost two years in the pandemic and over 800 000 people dead here in the US, many of whom whole families were depending on too. This means that 800 000 people died because they were infected by someone carrying the virus. They didn’t need to sleep with that person, they didn’t need to party with that person, they didn’t need to talk to that person, they didn’t need to even know the person. We can say if you had Covid, we can’t say if you ever had it, but you can say for sure that if from the beginning of the pandemic people feeling sick had stayed home many many lives would have been saved.
My food for thought.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I see your point, and I respect your point of view. If the system was set up to allow me to take 2 months off of work I'd happily have stayed home to protect all those innocent people I've been endangering. But the harsh reality of it is, that's not how it works. How did I got to work for 2 months while sick? I had no choice.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I see your point, and I respect your point of view. If the system was set up to allow me to take 2 months off of work I'd happily have stayed home to protect all those innocent people I've been endangering. But the harsh reality of it is, that's not how it works. How did I got to work for 2 months while sick? I had no choice.
I can’t condone what you did but I also understand it. For my workplace vaccine was mandatory and someone could have been fired for showing up to work sick. It is a vicious circle hard to get out of, maybe it’ll help people realize the failures of the “greatest country in the world”.
Everyone circumstances are different and it would be foolish to put everyone in the same bag but it is fair to say that I understand now why I might feel more comfortable with spiders than people
Be safe and be careful out there.

Latest posts